It is the Summer of Love and we are so excited to be sharing our Italian-inspired “Food of Love” with you. This recipe is designed for two guests but can easily be adapted for larger crowds. Take the time to spoil your loved one this season and follow our super easy recipes.
- 250 grams pasta rice (Orzo or Rosmarino)
- Some Willow Creek parmesan flavoured olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 grams crème fraiche
- 1 tin Rhodes quality mushrooms in brine, drained
- Some grated parmesan, cooked bacon and chopped parsley to serve
- 800 grams SASKO white bread flour
- 1 packet Southern Coating Original (200g)
- 15 ml yeast
- 30 ml salt
- 30 ml sugar
- 1 cup semi dried and pitted olives
- 100 ml Willow Creek Parmesan flavoured olive oil
- 850-900 ml lukewarm water
- 500 grams vanilla muffin mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 2 liter vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- Some preserved cherries or berries to serve
- Cook the pasta rice according to the package instructions. Strain and drizzle with the olive oil so that the rice doesn’t stick.
- Add the crème fraich and mushrooms and season to taste.
- Mix thought and serve with the bacon, parmesan, and parsley.
- Place the flour, Southern Coating, yeast, salt, sugar and olives in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- At a slow speed, add the olive oil and 3/4 of the water.
- Once combined, increase the speed and mix the dough until everything sticks to the paddle. You might need to add more water for that to happen. The dough shouldn’t be too thick.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and leave to rise for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Pour the dough out on a floured surface.
- Cut into 2 loafs of bread and tuck in the edges so that it forms a long loaf.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes on a 220-degree Celsius oven or until cooked and golden brown.
- Spread the prepared vanilla muffin mix on a prepared baking sheet and bake on 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Cool down.
- Soften some ice cream and keep aside.
- Using some ring moulds, place a disc of cake on the bottom and top with the ice cream.
- Place another disc of cake on the top and press together.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with preserved cherries or other berries.
Willow Creek Olive Estate
Parmesan Flavoured Olive Oil
The rich, pungent aroma of this popular hard cheese is expertly blended into our Parmesan Flavoured Olive Oil. Use this heavenly product to enhance pasta dishes, crusted chicken pieces, or pork chops.
WILLOW CREEK OLIVE ESTATE
Willow Creek Olive Estate strives to be the preferred South African extra virgin olive oil brand by developing a diversified range of quality, ethical and trusted products that promote a healthy lifestyle. Our versatile range of premium olive-based products is constantly evolving to accommodate the culinary and sensory demands of consumers and connoisseurs alike.