Roasted Fillet on Oven-Baked Olive Focaccia
This family feast is a wonderful example of how to stretch your rands. Although we use a more expensive cut of meat, the fillet allows you to slice it thinly and successfully feed the crowd. We combine the meat with a fresh chopped salad and one of my favourite Eureka Mills pre-mixes for their focaccia—slice and eat the bread steaming hot with the fillet and salad. The bread ages well and is wonderful to use as breakfast toast the next day or toasted for salad croutons. The KWV Classic Collection Pinotage that we serve with the feast is a soft and juicy true South African grape varietal. I like to chill the wine slightly and love the aromas as it warms the glass. Enjoy!
STEP 1: Focaccia with Parmesan Olive Oil
10 – 12 people
- 1 kg Focaccia mix
- 10 g yeast sachet
- 700 ml of lukewarm water
- 30 ml Willow Creek Parmesan Flavoured Olive Oil
- Coarse Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add 500 ml of the water and mix slowly until combined.
- Add the remaining water and mix on high for three minutes until a lumpy dough is formed.
- Place on a baking tray and let the mixture rise for an hour.
- Press holes into the dough with your fingers, roughly drizzle with more Willow Creek Parmesan Flavoured Olive Oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for about 15–20 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
STEP 2: Roasted Fillet
8 – 10people
EASY TO PREPARE
- 1 x large whole Delico fillet
- Willow Creek Jalapeño Flavoured Olive Oil
- Cape Herb and Spice Smoky BBQ Shaker
- Drizzle Willow Creek Jalapeño Flavoured Olive Oil all over the fillet and generously coat it with Cape Herb and Spice Smoky BBQ spice.
- Grill over hot coals until well-seared, then remove from the heat and let it rest before slicing.
STEP 3: Chopped Garden Salad
6 – 8 people
Easy to Prepare
- 1 x Cucumber sliced into ribbons
- 1 x Sliced red onion
- 300 g of sliced baby tomatoes
- 1 bunch of salad onions sliced lengthways
- Handfuls of fresh mint, basil and parsley
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Willow Creek Coriander Flavoured Olive oil
- Willow Creek Cabernet Sauvignon Blasamic Vinegar Spray
- Freshly chopped chillies
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl and generously drizzle with olive oil and the vinegar spray.
- Serve on top of focaccia and cover with the sliced fillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Willow Creek Olive Estate
Parmesan Flavoured Olive Oil
The rich, pungent aroma of this popular hard cheese is expertly blended into our Parmesan Flavoured Olive Oil. Use this heavenly product to enhance pasta dishes, crusted chicken pieces, or pork chops.
WILLOW CREEK OLIVE ESTATE
Willow Creek Olive Estate strives to be the preferred South African extra virgin olive oil brand by developing a diversified range of quality, ethical and trusted products that promote a healthy lifestyle. Our versatile range of premium olive-based products is constantly evolving to accommodate the culinary and sensory demands of consumers and connoisseurs alike.