Picture this: It’s a radiant summer morning, with delicious savoury aromas wafting through the air. You welcome the day with mouth-watering cheese-and-herb muffins that are fresh out of the oven.
Every bite tastes like heaven and allows you to sink deeper into your comfy bed as you take a sip of your favourite coffee blend.
What You Need:
250 g Cake flour
10 ml Baking powder
2.5 ml Salt
2.5 ml Coarsely ground black pepper
40 g Cheddar cheese (grated)
3 X-large Eggs
105 ml Milk
50 ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
10 g Flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
5 g Fresh thyme leaves
100 g Feta cheese (cubed or broken into small chunks)
50 g Cream cheese
How To Make Cheese & Herb Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. If baking in an air fryer, you do not need to preheat.
- Spray a 12 space muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper together into a mixing bowl.
- Stir the eggs, milk, oil and herbs together in a separate bowl, then add to the dry ingredients and lightly mix until just combined.
- Half fill the muffin pan hollows with the mixture, then place some of the feta and cream cheese on top of the mixture.
- Cover with the remaining mixture.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer/knife comes out clean. If baking in an air fryer, bake for 10-15 minutes at 180°C or 15-20 minutes at 160°C.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe makes about 12 large muffins.
- Herb muffins can be served warm or cold.
- Muffins can be frozen for later consumption.
- Muffins can be baked in an air fryer.
- Muffins can be baked in silicone cups.
- You could change up the muffin recipe by using different cheeses and herbs, or even flavoured olive oil.
P E A C H E S / Amanda Bussio
Entrepreneur, flexitarian foodie