Row upon row bottles of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in your local supermarket – which to choose? The pretty one? The cheap one? The one with the intriguing shape? The Spanish one? To answer this question, we need to remember that QUALITY OVER QUANTITY is key! And what is more synonymous with quality than the Willow Creek brand?
At our facility, we do our utmost best to ensure a top-quality product. Practically, what does this entail?
- Our olives are grown and harvested locally, thus shortening the supply chain to ensure top quality EVOO.
- We hand harvest to protect the olives’ integrity.
- We press the oil within hours after harvesting. As soon as olives are harvested, natural fermentation starts. Leaving harvested olives too long before pressing, will cause defects such as fusty aromas.
- We press the oil with cold extraction technology. The olives are crushed and kneaded at an ideal temperature of 28 ˚ At this temperature, we get optimum oil yield whilst preventing the thermal degradation of the EVOO. Unlike cold pressing, the EVOO is separated from the pulp by means of centrifugal force.
- We chemically analyze our EVOO to ensure it complies with legislation.
- We certify our EVOO as part SA Olive’s CTC Scheme (read more: http://www.saolive.co.za/ctc-scheme/)
- Our trained tasting panel approves all master blends.
- We compete internationally with our EVOO.
- We taste and approve all our EVOO before bottling.
- We have an enclosed bottling system to prevent oxidation of the EVOO.
- Our EVOO is bottled in dark, glass bottles to protect the oil against sunlight and oxygen. Our Estate Blend EVOO is bottled in our popular plastic squeeze bottle. This plastic is specifically designed to mimic the oxygen and UV protection properties of glass, while providing our clients with an easy-to-use, drip-free pourer.
- We are FSSC 22000 certified, an internationally accredited food safety certification.
Willow Creek Olive Estate is dedicated to quality, so it comes to no surprise that we challenge you to TASTE OUR QUALITY.