Citrus “Yskastert” Recipe
Citrus Yskastert: A refreshing South African dessert that’s perfect for summer!
Made with layers of lemony biscuit crust, creamy cottage cheese filling, and a hint of citrus balsamic reduction, this tart is sure to cool you down on a hot day. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it perfect for parties or potlucks.
Chef Karen van der Merwe
- 250g Cottage Cream
- 250ml Fresh Cream Refrigerated
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 25ml Willowcreek Lemon Flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Packet Marie Biscuits
- 2,6 tsp gelatine powder
- 80g Butter
- 83ml white sugar
- 2/3 can condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. Willowcreek Citrus Balsamic Reduction
- 10 whole lemons, halved, juiced, and cleaned
- Crush the biscuits finely and mix with melted butter.
- Line lemon halves with biscuit mix and press firmly.
- Mix cottage cheese, condensed milk, sugar, and Willowcreek Citrus Balsamic Reduction.
- Beat refrigerated cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add to the above mixture.
- Dissolve gelatine in lemon juice, mix well, and add to the rest of the mixture.
- Add Willowcreek Lemon Flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the mixture and mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into the lemon halves and refrigerate until set. approximately 3 hours or overnight.
Willow Creek Olive Estate
Lemon Flavoured Olive Oil
Our award-winning Lemon Flavoured Olive Oil is a light and refreshing oil. Its tangy profile is perfectly balanced with a sweet and zesty undertone. This delicious product consists of 100% delicate extra virgin olive oil and lemon flavouring.
WILLOW CREEK OLIVE ESTATE
Willow Creek Olive Estate strives to be the preferred South African extra virgin olive oil brand by developing a diversified range of quality, ethical and trusted products that promote a healthy lifestyle. Our versatile range of premium olive-based products is constantly evolving to accommodate the culinary and sensory demands of consumers and connoisseurs alike.