- 1.5kg orange sweet potatoes,
peeled and cubed
- 6 large Forelle or Packham pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- Willlowcreek Blood Orange Flavoured Olive Oil for tossing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 onions, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre prepared chicken stock
- Fresh cream to taste
- 500g pork chipolatas
- Sage leaves to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven.
- Toss the cubed sweet potatoes and pear quarters in some olive oil, season to taste and roast in the
oven until cooked and caramelised.
- Heat some butter and olive oil in a large pot and fry the onions, garlic and ginger over a medium
heat until lightly browned. Add the roasted sweet potatoes and pears, stock and season to taste. Cook for 10–15 minutes or until the soup has reduced by half. Blend with a stick blender and stir in some cream. Check for seasoning.
- Pan-fry the chipolatas until golden brown.
- Serve the soup with the chipolatas on top and sage leaves, if using.
Willow Creek Olive Estate
Blood Orange Flavoured Olive Oil
Our award-winning Blood Orange Flavoured Olive Oil boasts a truly unique flavour that will have you drizzling a second helping faster than you can say ‘citrus’. If savoured properly, you’ll be able to detect slight raspberry undertones in addition to the expected zesty citrus flavouring. This delicious floral product consists of delicate extra virgin olive oil and natural blood orange flavouring.
WILLOW CREEK OLIVE ESTATE
Willow Creek Olive Estate strives to be the preferred South African extra virgin olive oil brand by developing a diversified range of quality, ethical and trusted products that promote a healthy lifestyle. Our versatile range of premium olive-based products is constantly evolving to accommodate the culinary and sensory demands of consumers and connoisseurs alike.