- 1 loaf SASKO Low GI honey and oats loaf, each slice cut in half
- Some Willow Creek garlic flavoured olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 small baby marrows, cut lengthways in half, and grilled
- 1 large aubergine, cut into small cubes
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Pakco mild veg atchar
- 1 tub Rhodes quality tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
Puff pastry pizzas
- 2 packets Magpie puff pastry, rolled out and cut into 12 large discs
- 1 tin Rhodes quality Italian style tomatoes
- 1 tin Rhodes quality mushrooms in brine, strained
- 125g camembert cheese, sliced
- 1 Onion, sliced and fried in some olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, washed and halved
Roasted peach ice cream with rosemary
- 1 tin Rhodes quality peach halves
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
- 2-liter vanilla ice cream
- Some fresh nectarines to serve
- Place the bread in a prepared oven tray, drizzle with some of the olive oil, season to taste and toast in a 180-degree Celsius oven until golden brown and toasted.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions, aubergine, garlic, and pepper until cooked and browned.
- Add the tomato and atchar and season to taste.
- Cook until thickened and cool down.
- Top the toasted bread with the ratatouille and grilled baby marrow.
- Divide the tinned tomatoes on 6 of the pastry discs and top with the mushrooms and camembert. Place on a prepared oven tray and keep aside.
- Divide the fried onion on the other 6 pastry discs and top with the halved grapes and almonds.
- Place on a prepared oven tray and place with the other pizzas in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Strain the peach halves and place them on a prepared oven tray.
- Add the rosemary leaves and some Willow Creek blood orange flavoured olive oil.
- Roast in a 180-degree Celsius oven until well browned and caramelised.
- Puree and cool down.
- Mix the puree into the ice cream and place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with some sliced fresh nectarines.
Willow Creek Olive Estate
Garlic Flavoured Olive Oil
What is more divine than the delicious smell of garlic filling every inch of your kitchen? Our Garlic Flavoured Olive Oil allows you to infuse your dishes without having to peel or dice any garlic cloves. This award-winning product consists of delicate extra virgin olive oil and a dash of natural garlic flavouring, and is the ideal topping for pastas, pizza and veggies!
WILLOW CREEK OLIVE ESTATE
Willow Creek Olive Estate strives to be the preferred South African extra virgin olive oil brand by developing a diversified range of quality, ethical and trusted products that promote a healthy lifestyle. Our versatile range of premium olive-based products is constantly evolving to accommodate the culinary and sensory demands of consumers and connoisseurs alike.