Willow Creek Olive Oil Apple Cake
- 2 Large Apples – peeled and finely chopped
- 200ml Orange Juice
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon – ground
- ½ tsp Nutmeg – ground
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Willow Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Raisins – soaked in warm water for 15 min and then drained
- Confectioner’s Sugar – for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the chopped apples in a bowl and add orange juice; just enough juice to toss and coat apples so as to prevent browning.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- While the mixer is on, add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to mix another 2 minutes until mixture increases in volume.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just blended; it will be a thick batter.
- Drain raisins; and rid apples of excess juice. Add both raisins and apples to the batter and mix with a spoon until well-combined.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper. Spoon thick batter into the pan, and level the top with the back of your wooden spoon.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan. When ready, simply lift parchment up to transfer the cake into a serving dish. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.