EVOO Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup Willow Creek Olive Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon, plus extra for garnish, Kosher salt
1 large egg
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the Willow Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil, vanilla, both sugars and the 1 teaspoon of salt, to a large mixing bowl. Mix until you have a smooth consistency.
- Now mix in the egg. Blend until it’s completely smooth again.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the bowl and mix just until it’s fully incorporated and you don’t see any dry spots of flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to shape the batter into balls, about 2 tablespoons each.
- Add the shaped balls of dough to the parchment-lined baking sheets as you go. They should have at least 2-inches between them, about a dozen per sheet.
- Use the palm of your hand to gently flatten the balls of batter, only about halfway.
- Then lightly sprinkle each one with Kosher salt.
- Place the baking sheets in the preheated 180°C oven until the cookies are golden brown along the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then place them on a cooling rack to come to room temperature.