Do you want to eat healthier this year? Willow Creek Olive Estate can help you out! This healthy bean and spinach pita recipe is the perfect meal option for both lunch and dinner, and is incredibly easy to prepare. It’s filled with chia seeds, garlic, and of course our award-winning olive oil, which means it is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Eating healthy has never been this easy, or tasty!
- Beans (1 can)
- Paprika (1/4 tsp)
- Pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin (1/2 tsp)
- Chopped parsley (2 tbsp)
- Crushed garlic (2 cloves)
- Nutritional yeast (1/4 cup)
- Bread crumbs (2 tbsp & ½ cup)
- Chopped spinach (2 cups)
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds with 10 tbsp water – let it sit for five minutes
- Diced onion (1/2 cup)
- Willow Creek Olive Estate olive oil (2 tbsp, for frying)
- The pitas of your choice (we recommend brown or wholewheat/wholegrain).
- Cherry tomatoes, butter lettuce, onion, avocado, cucumber and hummus.
- Mash the beans with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, garlic, onion, nutritional yeast, spinach and spices to the bowl and mix until well combined. If you want, you can sauté the spinach and onions in Willow Creek Olive Estate olive oil for 5 minutes before adding these items to the mix
- Incorporate the chia seeds, lemon juice and breadcrumbs into the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Scoop some of the mixture into your hands and make four palm-sized burger patties. Gently flatten the bean patties out and store them in your fridge for the time being.
- Heat the Willow Creek Olive Estate olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook the bean patties for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.