Granny West’s Greek Lamb Recipe
Salute the holidays and kick-off 2019 with Granny West’s Greek Lamb Recipe. This dish needs to slow cook for hours, but with minimal hands-on-attention it’s perfect for entertaining!
- 3 onions peeled and sliced thickly
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 2-3 rosemary sprigs
- 1 leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp Willow Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 and 1/2 cups of lamb or chicken stock
- Find a roasting pan that is not much bigger than the leg of lamb you have. You want the lamb to fit quite snugly.
- Preheat the oven to 100 °C
- Lay onion, garlic and a few rosemary sprigs in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Rub the lamb with Willow Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and oregano then place the lamb in the roasting pan.
- In a separate container, mix lemon juice and beef stock together and pour over the leg of lamb.
- After the leg of lamb is coated; cover the whole roasting pan tightly with foil.
- Carefully place the roasting pan in the oven (100 °C) and leave it to cook for 8-10 hours.
Granny West’s Tip:
“I usually remove the lamb and thicken the sauce in the pan with beef stock and cornflour, and cook on the stove top till thick – I then cut the meat up and place it in the gravy.”
This recipe is fall-apart delicious, especially when paired with Willow Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
We want to know how you are going to use Willow Creek Olive Oils this year. Share your posts with us on social media using the hashtag #WillowCreekOliveOil.