EASY BEEF CARPACCIO
Recipe by: Deborah Mele 2013
- 500g Beef Tenderloin
- 1 Fresh Baby Arugula, Washed and Dried
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided (Willow Creek Directors Reserve extra virgin olive oil is a great choice)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Juice From About 2 Lemons
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 10 Small Tomatoes Cut Into Quarters to Garnish
Wrap the beef tenderloin in plastic wrap, and chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the beef across the grain into 1/8 cm-thick slices.
- Place the slices between sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper and gently pound with the flat end of a meat mallet, or roll with a heavy rolling pin until paper thin.
- Arrange the slices on 6 individual chilled plates.
- Add the arugula to a bowl and toss with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the arugula in a pile in the center of each plate.
- Place the remaining 4 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, mustard, egg yolk, salt and pepper in a 2-cup measure.
- Use an immersion blender or hand blender to mix until thick.
- Drizzle the mustard sauce around each plate avoiding the arugula.
- Garnish the plates with the tomato quarters and serve immediately.