Chicken Pad Thai
- 285g rice noodles (Thai)
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced into small strips)
- 2 tablespoons Willow Creek Coriander Flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1t ablespoon fish sauce
- 1red bell pepper (sliced into thin strips and strips halved)
- 1 1/2cups matchstick carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 green onions (whites minced, greens sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2cup unsalted peanuts (roughly chopped)
- 1/3cup cilantro (chopped)
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- Prepare rice noodles according to directions listed on package. In a mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and fish sauce, set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a wok or a 12-inch deep saute pan set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 6 minutes. If using shrimp cook about 1 1/2 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan. Add bell pepper and carrots saute 1 – 2 minutes then add garlic, green onions and bean sprouts saute 1 minute longer.
- Push veggies to edges of pan and crack eggs into center. Cook and scramble until eggs have cooked through. Add in chicken, noodles and sauce and toss everything together and cook 1 – 2 minutes.
Serve warm topped with cilantro, peanuts and optional red pepper flakes and sesame seeds