Brie and Bacon Chutney Burger with Roasted Potatoes and Baby Onions
Serve with KWV Classic Collection Pinotage
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1kg Lean beef mince
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Rosemary sprigs, stripped and chopped
- 2 Thyme sprigs, chopped
- 10ml Smoked Paprika
- 10ml Coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- Some Garlic flavoured olive oil for frying
- 1kg Baby potatoes, washed and halved
- 1kg Baby onions, peeled
- 1 Triangle brie cheese, sliced
- 250g Bacon pieces, cooked until crisp
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 30ml White wine vinegar
- 30ml Sugar
- Any burger buns of your choice
- Some salad leaves or micro leaves for serving
Mix the mince, egg, breadcrumbs, rosemary, thyme, coriander, paprika and seasoning together and divide into 4 patties. Place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes and onions in some garlic flavoured olive oil, season to taste and bake in the oven until cooked and crispy.
- Pan fry the onion and garlic in some olive oil until well cooked and caramelised.
- Add the cooked bacon, vinegar and sugar and cook until sticky and sweet. Season to taste.
- Pan fry your burger patties until well browned on both sides. Place the sliced cheese on top and place in the oven to melt.
- Butter the burger buns on both sides and place some salad leaves on the bottom half.
- Place the burger meat with the melted cheese on top of the salad leaves followed by the bacon chutney.
- Serve with the roasted potatoes and onions.